Things to Do around Sanibel Island:
If you’re hosting your southwest Florida destination wedding on Sanibel or Captiva Island, you want to ensure your guests thoroughly enjoy themselves. As we found out when planning our own wedding, many of your guests may decide to turn your destination wedding into a mini-vacation. To help them make the most of their time in paradise, we created a wedding webpage (and an insert to their gift baskets) that highlighted some of our favorite activities. After all, there are a number of restaurants and activities on Sanibel and Captiva islands to keep even the most active of families and guests busy for a LONG time!
Here are some of our favorite spots:
- The Bubble Room – awesome atmosphere, yummy deserts! (http://www.bubbleroomrestaurant.com/)
- The Timbers – great seafood (http://www.prawnbroker.com/floridawest/Timbers/index.php)
- Matzaluna – Italian almost like grandma’s! (http://www.prawnbroker.com/floridawest/Matzaluna/index.php)
- Mad Hatter Restaurant – Nicest, most intimate dining experience on the island! The food is unbelievably good! (http://www.madhatterrestaurant.com/)
- Cheeburger Cheeburger – yummy milkshakes! (http://www.cheeburger.com/home2/index.asp)
- Holy Smoke Heavenly BBQ – this one is tasty if you like smoked meats and bbq sauce! (http://www.southseas.com/resort_experience/holy_smoke_heavenly_bbq/)
- The Mucky Duck – best sunset views! (http://www.muckyduck.com/)
- The Island Cow – Best Breakfast/Brunch! (http://www.sanibelislandcow.com/)
- Thistle Lodge Restaurant – “old” florida charm and great waterside view! (http://www.thistlelodge.com/)
- The Green Flash – We frequently saw manatees playing around the dock out back.(http://www.greenflashcaptiva.com/)
- Schnapper’s Hots (http://www.schnappershotssanibel.com/)
- Jacaranda – open late (1AM) with Live Music (http://www.jacarandaonsanibel.com/)
- The Lazy Flamingo II – try the “Teri-Hot” Wings! (http://www.lazyflamingo.com/)
- Island Pizza – Quick and easy!
Note: You can find quite a bit of information by stopping at the Sanibel Chamber of Commerce/Visitor Center (http://www.sanibeltrails.com/chamber.aspx) on your way in to the island.
- Dunes Golf Club (http://www.dunesgolfsanibel.com/)
- Shelling at Bowman’s Beach (http://www.sanibeltrails.com/bowmans-beach.aspx)
- The JN “Ding” Darling Wildlife Reserve (http://www.fws.gov/dingdarling/)
- Sanibel Lighthouse (http://www.sanibeltrails.com/sanibel-lighthouse.aspx)
- Sanibel Biking Trails (http://www.sanibeltrails.com/sanibel-bike-paths.aspx)
- Sanibel Segway Tours (http://www.billysrentals.com/)
- Shell Museum (http://www.sanibeltrails.com/shell-museum.aspx)
- Captiva Cruises – Dolphin and Wildlife cruises (http://www.captivacruises.com)
- Pool Bar and/or Thistle Lodge @ Casa Ybel – a short walk (west) on the beach from Sundial.
Other Useful Spots:
- Jerry’s Foods – Grocery (http://www.jerrysfoods.com/)
- Dairy Queen – Ice Cream (http://www.dairyqueen.com)
- Starbucks (http://www.starbucks.com/store/7155/)
- Sanibel Tropical Wines – all sweet tropical fruit wines! (http://www.sanibeltropicalwines.com/)
What did we miss? Do you have any favorite family activities that you enjoy when you visit the islands? Leave us a comment and let potential destination wedding brides and grooms know what else their guests need to see!
Share us with the World!
If this post has been helpful to you, please use the buttons below (Email, Facebook, “+1,” etc) to share this information with the world. You’ll be doing other destination wedding brides a huge favor by making sure our little tidbit of information shows up in their search!