|Wedding Plan by rocksee (Flickr)|
We all know that planning a wedding is probably one of the most stressful things you’ll do in your lifetime. Fortunately, you can minimize the stress by keeping yourself organized! Kelly and I managed to keep fairly organized via an Excel spreadsheet, but this was cumbersome at times since we had to download it and open it on various computers all over the place. I was hunting around the iTunes app store, and it seems there have been quite a few wedding planning apps made the past 2 years. I figured I’d throw a few links to them up here on the site to hopefully help you future brides plan your destination wedding by iPhone or iPad!
Wedding Planning Apps:
Get organized on your iPhone or iPad with these fabulous apps. I’ve noticed that much of the wedding-related apps in the iTunes Store are “use specific”. In other words, there are apps for budgeting, apps for planning, apps for guest lists, etc. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there’s an app that is “all-in-one,” except if you use more of a generic organizer (my favorite is Awesome Note HD (+To-do/Diary for iPad)) that lets you do drawings, tables, pictures (from the device camera), etc.
- iWedding Deluxe (iPhone) – This is your basic Wedding Planner for an iPhone!
- The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner (iPhone) – Another wedding planner for iPhone, but this one integrates with your Knot.com account if you have one!
- The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner HD (iPad) – Same as above, but for iPad!
- Wedding Budget (iPhone) – This looks like Mint.com for wedding budgets! It gives you a nice visual feedback on your spending versus your budget!
- Ultimate Wedding Planner (iPad) – This one looks cool, and it reads like a magazine with worksheets!
- Picture My Wedding (iPad) – I liken this to a clipboard for all your wedding ideas. Much of the same functionality can be accomplished with Awesome Note HD (+To-do/Diary for iPad), plus AwesomeNote gives you the ability to back up your notes to Google Docs and/or EverNote. It would suck to be planning your wedding and then lose your iPad/iPhone (and all your wedding planning checklists!!!!!!!!)
- Wedding Dress Look Book by The Knot (iPhone) – Get lots of ideas for wedding dresses based on your body type. Pretty handy, and a great way to kill time if you’re still looking for the perfect wedding dress… and have time to kill.
- BRIDES Wedding Genius 2.0 (iPhone/iPad) – This is a combination “look book” and wedding planner by Condé Nast.
Wedding Frustration Relief Apps:
Let’s be honest, sometimes you just need to vent! While there are tons of games and whatnot in the app store, I figured it didn’t make sense to post a bunch of those here since your taste in games may vary. However, here’s a few of my favorite ways to entertain myself when I’m getting stressed!
- iShatter Stress Relief (iPhone) – There is nothing more satisfying than the sound of broken glass!! Go ahead and break stuff virtually with this 99 cent app! Money well spent!
- Cleveland Clinic Stress Meditations (iPhone) – Breathe… Relax… This app from the Cleveland Clinic (a well known hospital in Cleveland, Ohio) will help you calm your nerves through breathing and meditation!
- THE GAME OF LIFE™ for iPad – Go to college, get married, have kids, and retire, all within 30 minutes!! A nice diversion from the real game of life!
What about you?
As I mentioned above, Kelly and I missed out on the advantages of using an iPad to plan our wedding. That is something that I’ve since rectified in our other planning activities (i.e. buying a house). Are you using an app to plan any or all aspects of your wedding? Are you using an app we didn’t mention? Feel free to tell us about it below!!