|Stretch ’59 Limo, Image by Iggy (Flickr)|
One of the brilliant aspects of a destination wedding is that the ceremony and reception can be booked in a “self-contained” location. This is particularly true if you’re taking advantage of a resort wedding package. As an example, our preference was to hold both the wedding ceremony and reception at Sundial Beach and Golf Resort.
- A limo provides ample room for your large, princess wedding dress (moreso than the Kia Rio or Chevy Cavalier you rented at your destination airport).
- A limo provides ample room for the bridesmaids dresses, ensuring they don’t get wrinkled on the way to the ceremony.
- You can ensure your entire wedding party arrives safely at your ceremony location, and don’t need to worry about folks getting lost or being late.
- You can ensure your wedding party can celebrate with their favorite libations pre-reception with no risk of drinking and driving.
- Perhaps you’ve always dreamed of driving off from your ceremony in a limo with the cans and “Just married” sign on the back.
If you decide to look into a wedding limo service, there are a number of questions you should ask each company. This will ensure you find a reputable service provider with reliable cars. You’ll also be able to adequately comparison shop the prices and services provided by different wedding limo service providers.
General Administrative/Contract Questions:
If you don’t ask these ahead of time and/or get it in writing, you may not get exactly the wedding limo service you’ve imagined in your head!
- Are you properly insured? What does your insurance cover?
- Do you have any industry affiliations?
- Do you have any special wedding packages?
- How much are they?
- How many hours are included?
- What amenities are included with the package (red carpet, champagne,etc)?
- How much to add additional hours?
- What is the price per hour and minimum number of hours?
- Do you offer sedan/van transport to/from the airport for our guests?
- What will the chauffeur be wearing?
- Is the driver’s gratuity included in the quoted price?
- Are there any additional charges (tax, tolls, fuel, parking, etc)?
- How far in advance do you recommend booking the service?
- Do I pay be check or credit card?
- What is the required deposit amount?
- What is the cancellation policy? Is there a fee charged to cancel?
- Do you offer a signed contract, stipulating the following:
- Date, Time, and all Locations
- Prices (including the “overtime” charge)
- Year, Make, Model, and Color of each vehicle you will be using
- Payment, Deposit, and Cancellation policy
What can we say? Make sure you’re not arriving to your perfect destination wedding in a beat-up jalopy!
- What types of limousines do you have?
- How many people comfortably fit in each vehicle?
- Do the vehicles have heating and air conditioning?
- What colors are available for each vehicle (interior & exterior)?
- How many limos do you have, and what is your policy if one is not working correctly (break downs, mechanical failures, flat-tires, etc)?
- Can we have alcohol and/or food in the vehicles?
- Is there a security deposit and/or cleaning fee?
- Does the vehicle have a CD player and/or iPod connection for entertainment/music?
- Are there photographs of the vehicles available online?
Share us with the World!
If this post has been helpful to you, please use the buttons below (Email, Facebook, “+1,” etc) to share this information with the world. You’ll be doing other destination wedding brides a huge favor by making sure our little tidbit of information shows up in their search!